WHAT IS THE LIST OF ADMISSIBLE DOCUMENTS? (The same list can be referred to by the people coming from other states of India and currently residing in Assam)
There will be two requirements for inclusion of names of any person in updated NRC–
1. The first requirement is collection of ANY ONE of the following documents of List A issued before midnight of 24th March, 1971 where name of self or ancestor* appears (to prove residence in Assam up to midnight of 24th March, 1971).
- (1) 1951 NRC OR
- (2) Electoral Roll(s) up to 24th March 1971 (midnight) OR
- (3) Land & Tenancy Records OR
- (4) Citizenship Certificate OR
- (5) Permanent Residential Certificate OR
- (6) Refugee Registration Certificate OR
- (7) Passport OR
- (8) LIC OR
- (9) Any Govt. issued License/Certificate OR
- (10) Govt. Service/ Employment Certificate OR
- (11) Bank/Post Office Accounts OR
- (12) Birth Certificate OR
- (13) Board/University Educational Certificate OR
- (14) Court Records/Processes.
Further, two other documents viz (1) Circle Officer/GP Secretary Certificate in respect of married women migrating after marriage (can be of any year before or after 24th March (midnight) 1971), and (2) Ration Card issued up to the midnight of 24th March, 1971 can be adduced as supporting documents. However, these two documents shall be accepted only if accompanied by any one of the documents listed above.
2. The Second requirement arises if name in any of the documents of List A is not of the applicant himself/herself but that of an ancestor, namely, father or mother or grandfather or grandmother or great grandfather or great grandmother (and so on) of the applicant. In such cases, the applicant shall have to submit documents as in List B below to establish relationship with such ancestor, i.e., father or mother or grandfather or grandmother or great grandfather or great grandmother etc. whose name appears in List A. Such documents shall have to be legally acceptable document which clearly proves such relationship.
- (1) Birth Certificate OR
- (2) Land document OR
- (3) Board/University Certificate OR
- (4) Bank/LIC/Post Office records OR
- (5) Circle Officer/GP Secretary Certificate in case of married women OR
- (6) Electoral Roll OR
- (7) Ration Card OR
- (8) Any other legally acceptable document
Points to remember
Providing any one of the documents of List A of ANY PERIOD up to midnight of 24th March, 1971 shall be enough to prove eligibility for inclusion in updated NRC.