HOME       |      DOWNLOADS       |     SITE NAVIGATION

1.How will I know whether my name has been enlisted in NRC or not?

A draft of the NRC shall be published in due course of time which will also be made available in NSKs and online for viewing by the public.

2. My name is wrongly spelt in the draft NRC. Can I apply for correction?

Yes, in case of any corrections/changes that you wish to do, you have to file a claim/correction application at your nearest NRC Seva Kendra and address it to the Local Registrar of Citizens Registrations. A receipt shall be issued to you by the Help Desk at the centre. A notice shall be issued within a stipulated time for hearing of the Correction Petition. In case of correction or for any other changes to be made for inclusion in the NRC, an Application, set in a prescribed format is available at the NRC Seva Kendras or the LRCR offices.

3. My name is not included in the draft NRC. Can I reapply?

Yes. You may file a claim for inclusion of your name in the NRC updation process by submitting an application at your respective LRCR. The Application for filing Claims and Objection can be obtained from the LRCR offices. There is a prescribed format for filing such issues and the Application will be accepted only in the prescribed format.

4. Is there a stipulated time period for re-application?

Yes, there is a specified time frame for claim. The information shall be shared with the public through newspapers, TV channels, on radio/FM channels as required, if such a situation arises.

5. My name appears in the draft and thereafter I decide to move to other place, will I still be considered?

Yes, you can, if you are residing within the borders of the country. If, in case you are a citizen of any other country you cannot apply for the citizenship of India. But if you are willing to be an Indian citizen you must surrender your foreign citizenship.

Quick Links
Disclaimer   Terms of Use
Privacy Policy   Sitemap
Copyright @ 2014, NRC, Assam
hosted by National Informatics Center
Designed by Trans Technologies Solution Pvt. Ltd.